Gentle reminder: This is your chance to get a solid introduction to trademark law and what some call trademarking. This amazing half day program on March 2, 2011, is being held in downtown Minneapolis, a pdf of the brochure is here.
The speakers for the 9 AM CST morning session include:
- Stephen R. Baird, Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. (Dispelling Trademark Myths)
- Ann Wessberg, Target Brands (What is a Trademark?)
- Barbara Grahn, Oppenheimer (Why Clear a Trademark?)
- Kelly Williams, Jockey International (Why Register a Trademark?) (Int’l Trademarks)
- Heather Kliebenstein, Cargill, Incorporated (Why Enforce a Trademark?)
- Jacqueline Leimer, Chicago-Kent College of Law (International Trademarks)
- Sharon Armstrong, Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. (International Trademarks)
I’m thinking that this is a perfect program for those new to the trademark field, advertisers, creatives, marketing types, business owners, and any other who might want to dispel any myths they may have heard about trademarks, trademarking, and the protection of brands.
Special bonus for those who register online, here, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education is offering a $5 Starbucks gift card to DuetsBlog followers (coupon code is 5starbuckstm).
We hope to see you there at the live program on March 2 or the video replay on March 15.