Rapala’s brand new Whudjagiddumon? billboard ads are now appearing in the Twin Cities metro area, just in time for Mother’s Day:
Last Summer Rapala ran billboard ads featuring the controversial tagline: More Hits Than Google:
So, what is Whudjagiddumon?
Here is my proposed entry for Webster’s Dictionary:
- Another word for Plan B;
- Something closely tied to Whatchamacallit;
- Something much harder to pronounce than Whatchamajigger;
- Something known to beg the question, Whatchagooglin?
- In the end, something with less hits than Google.
–verb (used with object)
- To avoid conflict with another’s famous trademark rights.
OK, so I don’t know that for sure, but do you think Google may have played a role in Rapala apparently saying good bye to the "More Hits Than Google" tagline?