I’m happy to share with you that on Tuesday February 8, 2011, I’m speaking about one of my favorite topics, non-traditional trademarks, with my friends Linda McLeod of Finnegan Henderson and Stephen Feingold of Kilpatrick Townsend, in a webinar program put on by Strafford Publications, Inc. The webinar begins at 1:00 PM EST and Noon CST. Registration details here.
The first two people who leave a comment on this post may attend the webinar free of charge!
Here is the outline for the 90 minute program:
- Non-traditional marks and challenges faced with each
- Single colors
- Product packaging
- Product configurations
- Registration of non-traditional marks
- Clearing the mark
- Functionality test
- Acquired distinctiveness
- Inherent distinctiveness
- Enforcing non-traditional marks
- Policing use of marks
- Challenge of subjective character of non-traditional mark
- Nominative fair use defense
- Substantial evidence of non-functionality and secondary meaning
- Litigation strategies
More details can be found here. We hope you are able to join us.