It’s been a while . . . about seven months now.
As you’ll see, a few things have happened since April, when we last left you with these gems on the topic of trademark bullying: Stop Bullying the Entrepreneurs, What does Entrepreneur Mean, Anyway?, and Public Shaming is Not the Solution to Trademark Bullying. Let’s Build One.
We’re thankful to be back here, to resume the legal and marketing team dance.
So, in the spirit of counting our abundant blessings, especially this week, I’d like to share with you how continuously thankful I am for:
- Deb DuBois and Kyle Kaiser, who convinced me we should create an IP blog;
- Ron Coleman, John Welch, and Marty Schwimmer, a truly inspiring trio;
- Seth Godin, for his pivotal and generous support of our emotional labor;
- Aaron Keller and Capsule, for creating the Duets name, Duey graphics, etc.;
- Jorg Pierach and Fast Horse, for valued insights about the pace of blogging;
- The initial author team: Tiffany Blofield, Dan Kelly, Karen Brennan, Sharon Armstrong, Laura Toledo, Brent Lorentz, Brad Walz, and Michael Olsen;
- Our many other attorney/non-attorney blogging contributors who helped facilitate a graceful collaboration between legal and marketing types;
- Topping the trademark charts according to JD Supra, for 3 straight years;
- Our loyal readers who continue to benefit from our pre-April, 2019 content;
- Our dear readers and guest bloggers who have wondered what happened;
- Greenberg Traurig (GT) planting its flag, its 39th office, in Minneapolis, MN;
- GT seeing the importance of intellectual property in the Minneapolis market;
- The opportunity to bring a talented team and blend it into an incredible firm;
- An incredibly smooth transition of our IP practice to this new office of GT;
- My more than 800 blog posts on DuetsBlog were not works made for hire;
- My prior firm’s generous spirit in transferring the Duets brand, domain name, and other assets;
- Julie Anixter and her introduction of Vernon Lockhart and Project Osmosis;
- Our COHO Creative friends for showing us the ropes at Brandemonium;
- Those who will forgive me for not singling them out in this brief listing; and
- Those who will contribute to the conversation on DuetsBlog going forward.
Tiffany, Draeke, Tucker and I, with the help of others, will no doubt have some fun, thought-provoking posts for you as we look ahead to 2020, and we are so thankful to be doing so as part of the GT platform, just named U.S. News and World Report’s only Law Firm of the Year in Trademark Law for 2020.
Thank you, Susan Heller and Joel Feldman, for your incredible leadership of GT’s Trademark and Brand Management Group.
Dear readers, I am truly, continuously thankful for the ability and opportunity to stay engaged with you.
What or who are you thankful for?