Well, each of the three are called to mind in Rapala’s 2020 billboard ad campaign.
Before we think predictions for 2019, let’s consider the vast ground we’ve covered in 2018:
- The TTAB turned sixty years old, so we offered some commentary and predictions;
- Super Bowl LII came to Minneapolis, so we covered ambush marketing and fair use;
- We celebrated a Minnesota Vikings’ Minnesota Miracle, a very distant
Welcome to another edition of trademark stories that are inspired by billboard advertisements:
This one was captured for obvious reasons, if you’re familiar with our interest in brandverbing:
- Just Verb It? A Legal Perspective on Using Brands As Verbs: Part I
- Just Verb It? Part II: A Legal Perspective on Using Brands as
When can a brand owner lawfully use a competitor’s trademark on the brand owner’s product?
It isn’t every day…
Aren’t digital advertising billboards amazing? My iPhone captured this rolling series of images just yesterday, for a health care organization using the Google trademark in the Minneapolis skyway:
Is Google flattered? Free advertising? Do they care? Should they care?
By now, you’re familiar with my enjoyment in capturing and sharing new billboard signage that hits the streets of the Twin Cities. Question, what tagline might have inspired this one?
Was the Minnesota Renaissance Festival inspired by Nike’s famous “Just Do It” tagline?
Almost four years ago now, we noted — in this gem from…
As you know, we have enjoyed commenting on Rapala’s billboard ads each year, but when I…